Safety & Environment
Our most important asset is our staff and next comes business practice. We want our people to go home safe every day. Each of them takes responsibility for safety around the workplace as well as the people and properties around them. Staff are actively encouraged to speak out against hazardous situations, anything that could endanger lives. Safety & Environment is of the utmost importance to us.
AS4801 – AS2601- 2001
The safety of our people, the people who work on site and the community in which we work is our number one priority. No task is so important that the risk of injury to people is justified.
With strong leadership, management systems, behaviour and cultural reinforcement, and a commitment to continuous improvement. We will:
- Comply with the Legislative Safety Act, Regulations and Codes of Practice.
- Prepare and use a project Health & Safety Plan for work we undertake.
- Place health and safety as the primary consideration in our decision-making.
- Never put ourselves or others at risk or by inaction, leave our self or another at risk.
- Never punish anyone for bringing a risk to the attention of management or others.
- Train everyone in safety awareness.
- Investigate every incident and change our practices based on the outcomes of the investigation.
- Develop a long term improvement plan and measure our performance and progress.
- Annually review our Health & Safety Policy.
Nateis want to minimise our impact on the environment wherever we work.
We aim to take active steps to reduce our energy use or consumption, reduce waste, recycle everything we can, and to be dogmatic in the safe disposal of any residual contaminants in strict compliance with our regulatory obligations or legislative requirements.
Resulting in the following:
- Maintain an Integrated Management System which meets the requirements of Australian Standards.
- Challenge our system for better ways of doing things.
- Remember to ‘Get it Right First Time’, but if by some chance we do make a mistake then learn from that mistake make that lesson count.
- Have set in place targets and objectives to measure and improve performances.
- Actively work and strive to exceed all relevant legislative and regulatory standards in preventing pollution, reducing waste, and recovering or recycling materials.
Nateis is passionate about our planet and we are keen recyclers!
Learn more about Recycling initativies on the Recycling International website recyclinginternational.com